Monday, February 23, 2009

That which doesnt kill us....

makes us stronger. OR so they say! This has been a rough few days in the Smythe household. On Thursday night Jabin and Daley got the stomach flu. And let me just say OMG!!!!! If you have never seen an 8mo old with the stomach flu I am warning you. It will break your heart!!! Jabin came home from work early and said he thought he had food poisoning. He was in the bathroom for the next 30mins throwing up. Well I laid Daley down for bed and went to check on him when all of a sudden I heard her crying. I was worried cause once she is down for the night I dont hear from her til morning. Well I went in to check on her and she was covered in vomit!!! I told Jabin he was wrong about the food poisoning. It had to be the stomach flu! Daley proceded to continue throwing up over and over again. I called my mom in tears and begged her to come over and bring pedialyte. She was there within 30 mins and she helped me with Daley. It looked like a warzone in my house. Between trying to take care of the baby and check on my husband I was frantic. Well after about 2 and a 1/2 hours of Daley throwing up and no wet diaper we decided to take her to the hospital. She couldnt even keep down pedialyte!!! We were there from 10pm-4am. It was hell!!!! That poor baby was soooooo sick. She was dehydrated so they had to give her an IV. I didnt know if I could stay in the room while they did it but I was brave for her. I wanted to be there for her so I just held her little hand and gave her her paci. She was such a good girl and hardly even cried. I know she had to be sick because she is normally a drama queen. After getting some fluids she was able to keep down the pedialyte and we got to go home. She slept pretty good once we got home and we just laid around all the next day, took long naps and rested. Jabin was feeling better too. I was so glad we were in the clear!!! OR SO I THOUGHT!!!! Well on Friday afternoon the bug bit me! I had to go home from work and my nanny was at my house with Daley she had to stay all evening cause Jabin was closing. The rest of my weekend was shot. I was pretty much worthless!!! It is now mid morning on monday and I am feeling better. Just crossing my fingers nothing else slips up on us! My house is a total disaster but I think we are all well which is all that matters. I am so ready for winter to officially be over! These cold and flu bugs SUCK!

1 comment:

erin and dutch said...

kim..thats awful! liv had that a couple weeks ago & you're right..it breaks your heart!! glad y'all are better.. so what was your valentine?!