Friday, January 13, 2012

A Trip to Remember

Ok so in late November Derek and I went to Vegas for a friends 30th birthday!  I had never been to Vegas before and was soooooo excited.  Needless to say this was a trip I will NEVER forget.  We arrived early morning and for some reason the stress of the trip was taking its toll on Derek ;)  We went and checked into our super chic hotel (I highly reccommend the Cosmopolitan.....it was awesome) and when we stepped into our suite I was shocked!!!  Not only did we have a really awesome contemporary suite this was our VIEW!!!


So after we unloaded our bags we headed back to the airport to pick up the birthday boy and his wife.  We went to eat at the Hard Rock for lunch....dropped at little money into some slot machines and drove around so I could see the strip!  It was a great first afternoon.  After a trip to the liquor store for some champagne we went back to the hotel and got ready for the evening.  We had dinner reservations at Sinatra @ Encore.  After I peeled myself out of the GINORMOUS Japanese soaking tub (seriously our tub had seats yall) we went outside (yes with wet hair in my robe) to watch the Bellagio fountain show at night! 

Well the next thing that I knew Derek was down on his knee proposing......I had only had a glass or two of champage BUT everything got a little fuzzy from there.  I am not exactly sure what he said because I was in complete and total shock.  I remember saying "Shut the front door....this is not happening!!!"  and then of course through lots of tears I said YES!!!!!  I made him promise me we would take anymore pictures til I was out of my robe and looked presentable.  I was very proud of the make-up job I pulled off seeing as how my hands were shaking!!!

Needless to say the ring was the focus of most pictures for the rest of the trip.  We were (and still are) over the moon happy!

MORE PICTURES TO COME



Kim

No comments: