Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Bad Blogger!!!

Ok so I will admit it....I have been a really bad blogger. I have not blogged in over a week but mainly it is because things have been relatively quiet around my house :) (Which can be a good thing) I did have a birthday since I last blogged. I am another year older!!!! 32 years old young to be exact. For my birthday we had a great cookout at home with friends and family. It was a really really good time!!!! Of course Daley is doing great. She is getting bigger and bigger everyday. Some days I look at her and I cant believe how fast she is growing. She has such a cute little personality and she is very affectionate. Her fave place to be is in someones lap. She might not stay there long but she always wants to be picked up. It is so cute when she wants you to hold her too cause she will come up to you and look at you with those big brown eyes and in the sweetest voice she will say "Up Please" It is so dang cute and very hard to resist. She is also getting to be more and more inquisitive about the world around her. My mom and I laugh because she literally has to touch everything. No kidding....I think she just likes to discover how things feel. Of course she is still in the habit of putting everything in her mouth and we are trying really really hard to break her of that. She loves to be outside and we have been very thankful for the cool weather over the last few days cause she has spent a lot of time outside. Speaking of cooler weather...that brings me to my next topic. This thursday morning (and by morning I mean 4am) we are leaving on a family vacation. Thats right folks the Smythe family truckster will be making its way to Ruidoso New Mexico. We will be staying there Thurs-Mon. We are sooooo excited to see Brad and Lori (they are meeting us there) and we are also excited to enjoy some cool weather. We have rented a really neat cabin with an awesome view!!! Our plan is to relax, eat, play and just enjoy some much needed time away from work and the daily stresses of life. I am sooooo excited to get away and cant wait to see what this vacation has in store for us :) NOW onto the part that I am nervous about. 8 hours in the car with a 15mo old!!! Yeah it seems a little scary for me but we planned our departure time hoping to get maybe half of our trip out of the way while she sleeps. Cross your fingers and say a prayer for us. I have explained to Jabin that 8 hours is a long time in the car for anyone especially a toddler. Se we are prepared to be patient, not get in a big hurry and be plan for lots of stops to stretch our legs. I am sure we will have a blast and of course I will post pictures when we return. I have a lot to do between now and 4am thurs morning (including a much needed haircut)....heres to hoping I get it all done :)

2 comments:

Josh and Ashley Harness said...

Have fun on your trip! Look forward to seeing lots of pictures!

Amber said...

ooohh.. sounds like fun! Hope you have a great trip!!