Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Random Thoughts

Ok so before any of you ask....Yes I plan on blogging and posting pics from our recent family vacation. BUT I have to upload the photos first. Hopefully I will have that for you tomorrow. So today I am gonna give you my version of Truthfully Tuesday ;)



1. Ok so this morning as I was feeding my little girl her morning oatmeal I heard some really really sad news!!!! Patrick Swayze passed away. Ok so we all knew he was sick but if you were like me and saw the Barbara Walters interview with him from Dec 2008 you just knew in your heart this man was serious about beating this cancer. Well the outcome was tragic and obviously the stage 4 pancreatic cancer took its toll on his life. Obviously if you were a child of the 80's like I was you remember begging your parents to let you watch Dirty Dancing. When my mom finally gave in and let me watch I knew what all of the fuss was about. In my opinion (at the time) that was the greatest movie ever made. To me that movie will forever be part of pop icon history. Johnny Castle is one of the coolest characters out there. He was a bad boy BUT he was good to the girl. He was macho BUT boy could he dance. He was misunderstood by everyone else BUT Baby. I cannot imagine anyone else perfecting that character the way that he did. Of course there are other great movies he was a part of that he totally rocked. The Outsiders, Ghost (which is also a legendary movie), Point Break (totally made me want to date a bank robbing surfer) and last but not least Road House. I mean really does it get any cooler than his character in Road House. He made ass kicking an art form not to mention he had the best mullet to ever grace the silver screen. When I shared the news with hubs that he died he was pretty bummed out too cause I think secretly all men would love to be as badass as he was. As a matter of fact we have a saying in our house (kind of a little inside joke) when Jabin and I see something that is super rad we say "That's so Swayze". This phrase has taken on a life of itself and today it has a whole new meaning. Aside from his movie rolls on the silver screen the coolest thing about Patrick Swayze was his love for his wife. They were married for 34 years......Now that is true love. I cant imagine the pain his family is feeling right now. Rest in Peace Patrick Swayze....you will make heaven even cooler.


2.Ok now onto someone who is so NOT cool. Kanye West......Seriously is there anyone in the whole entire world who likes this guy? I mean aside from the model with terrible fashion sense who accompanied him to the VMA's!!! I mean honestly you have to know you are a complete ass clown when your attempt at freedom of speech is to steal the spotlight from a 19year old kid. I mean really?!?!?! Get a life LOSER!!! I will give props to Beyonce for allowing Taylor to have her moment. That was beyond generous and super classy. NOW here is the part that really ticks me off. Obviously we all know that this isnt Kanye West's first time to open his mouth and say (or do) something really really offensive or stupid BUT everytime he does he always plays the victim!!!!! Last night he was on the premier of the (primetime) Jay Leno show and when asked why he did what he did....he managed to mumble out some crap about not being able to properly grieve over the loss of his mother! WTF does that have to do with Taylor Swift?!?! Seriously who is buying that?? Of course my fave was when he said if there was anything he could do now or in the future to help Taylor he would love to do so. Ummmm Reality Check Mr West. This girl can sell out Madison Square Garden in under a minute....I doubt she needs help from the likes of you.

3. So tonight is gonna be a busy night for me. Like every tuesday (after I put my lil one to bed) I veg out in front of the tv and catch up on everything that is on my dvr. BUT today I am feeling a little overwhelmed!!!! I know this is super lame and would even border on pathetic but I am gonna reveal it anyways. Tonight is the finale of BB11 (Big Brother 11) - GO JORDAN- I have been obesessed (not Bachelorette obsessed BUT almost) with this show all summer and tonight is the live finale. So that comes on from 8-9. The newest season of the Biggest Loser begins tonight. I love love love this show....so inspirational and have been addicted for going on 4 seasons now. That comes on from 7-9. The new Melrose Place (episode 2) yeah if you were a fan of the OLD Melrose Place (or even if you werent) I highly recommend you check out this show. It is filled with backstabbing, cheating, rich, fabulous characters who had me intrigued the minute I saw the first preview. This season is gonna be filled with drama. Um yeah that also comes on from 8-9. So where is the problem you ask???? I have one DVR but it can only record two things at once. Ummmm yeah did you notice the time lapse??? So my plan is to watch Biggest Loser from 7-8, watch BB11 finale from 8-9 (flip back to Biggest Loser during commercials) & record Melrose Place for later. Whew!!!! You got all that. Not to mention after all of that is over. I will have to watch todays Oprah (part 2) interview with Ms Whitney Houston, The View with co-host Kate Gosselin who BTW is supposed to be rockin a new haircut (thank god) and also watch The Ellen DeGeneres show. Who wants to take bets that I wont get to it all by the end of the night?!?!


4. Ummmm so yeah I am a little annoyed that ABC has still not announced the new Bachelor. Obviously I am still pulling for my boy Reid but of course I wouldnt be disappointed if Kiptyn was the choice. Needless to say I am really looking forward to the season premier on Jan 4th 2009. And dont worry my BFF Lauren and I will for sure be planning a fab kickoff party;)
Thats all for now. Heres to hoping that I will have my vacay recap tomorrow!

No comments: