Wednesday, September 23, 2009

In The Mood

Ok so this morning when I walked outside I was so excited to feel the crisp cool air hit my face. Yesterday was the first "official" day of fall and I couldnt be more excited. So in the spirit of stealing from the great blogger Amanda @ My Life As A Wife I bring you my fave things about fall!

1. Fall Colors - I love the colors of fall. Deep hues of orange, red, yellow, purple. Anything that makes you feel warm inside and out. I love that feeling. Of course this fall purple is hot again as is Dark Teal and Deep Reds & Pinks.

2. The smell of spice - So in the cool weather months nothing says fall like the smells of spice. You know pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg. I love all those smells. I get so excited when Starbucks starts selling gingerbread & pumpkin lattes. Yummm-O :) I also love to burn spicy type candles in my house. In my opinion nothing is more inviting than walking into someones house and it smells like something yummy is baking it the oven.

3. Fall Clothes - Ok seriously I love me some fall clothes. Coats, Sweaters, boots, jeans, scarves, leggings....all those things make me smile. I cant wait to dig into all of my sweaters & scarves that I havent seen since last year. Of course I have a long long long list of things I want to add to my wardrobe this year. Less that half of which will actually end up in my closet I'm sure....but a girl can dream right?!?!

4. Flannel PJ's - Soooo in case you dont know already I am a bit of a couch potato. Not all the time but in the evenings for sure. My evening routine goes a little something like this: Walk in the door from work. Slip into my pj's. Play with Daley. Cook Dinner for the fam. Play with Daley. Give Daley a bath, Put Daley to bed. Clean up the kitchen. THEN park my hiney on the couch (in front of the tv) for the rest of the night. I do this almost every night M-F. You might call it boring but I call it relaxing. Well in the fall instead of putting on a pair of capri lounge pants and a tank top I get to slip into my soft, warm, cozy, frumpy pj's. I love my many pairs of pjs and I am of course adding another pair to this years christmas list. IMO opinion pj's are like shoes. You cant have too many pairs. My husband would beg to differ ;)

5. My Fireplace - Almost every night during the fall and winter there is a fire at the Smythe house. My husband and I both agree that it makes everything seem so warm and peaceful. Not to mention keeps the house warmer for less money. We are lucky enough to have a wood burning fireplace with a gas line so starting a fire is as easy as stacking the wood, turning a key and striking a match.

6. Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and Tomato Soup - This is by far my fave easy-quick-go-to meal on those cool fall nights. Hubs makes the best Grilled Cheese Sandwiches....I know you are thinkin How hard is it to make a grilled cheese? But until you have had one made by my man you will never look at them the same. He makes them perfectly and of course this is my way of getting him to help with the dinner. hehe!!!

7. Fall Decorations - I dont have very many fall decorations but I am hoping to add some more to my home this year. I want to be the kind of family that decorates for all different times of the year, not just Christmas. I love fairytale pumpkins, fall leaves, & scarecrows. I cant wait to go to Hobby Lobby and get some new cute things for this year.

8. Daylight savings time - I love it when we have the time change. Not only do we gain an hour of sleep (which I love) but it gets dark earlier. I know a lot of people dread this time change but I love long winter night. Call me crazy!!!! I know this is also a strange reason to love daylight savings time but it makes me feel bad that when I put Daley to be at 7:30 it is still light outside. It seems weird to make her go to bed during the daylight hours (even tho I know it is good for her) Well.....Now I know I wont have to worry about that in a few weeks.

9. Long Hot Bubble Baths - This is something I take part in a LOT in the cool months. The only time I leave the couch in the evenings is to take a long hot bath. This is my quiet "ME" time which I enjoy. This is my time of the day to have time with myself to unwind & relax. Of course when it is warm outside no one wants to sit in a hot tub BUT during those long cool evenings I try to make this a priority.

10. Oh yeah NEW TV - ok so how could I forget about the great fall line up on TV. As you all know I am a tv junkie. I love love love to watch tv. The beginning of fall marks the new seasons of some great tv shows. Here are some of my faves: The Biggest Loser, Melrose Place (if you havent watched this it is a must see), Intervention, Hoarders, Greys Anatomy, and of course I also set my DVR to record Oprah, Ellen and The View each day. Sooooo those are just a few of my faves. I also love watching the food network on saturday mornings during the fall season cause they are trying out all their yummy family recipes in preparation for Thanksgiving. Oh one more thing. Does anyone out there watch Mad Men? I have never seen a single episode but I am very intrigued by this show. Please let me know if you watch and also if you recommend it! I have no idea how I would catch up with what I have missed but I would love to know what all of the fuss is about.

These the top 10 things I love about fall. I could probably go on and on but I will stop here. So feel free to join in. What do you love about fall? Please share :)

No comments: