Thursday, December 11, 2008

6 mo update

Daley had her 6mo appt with Dr Yap on Monday. And mommy and daddy are proud to say that everything is progressing very well. Daley weighs 14lbs and is 27inches long. She hasnt mastered sitting up by herself yet but he said that is nothing to be concerned with. She can sit up if she puts her hands in front of herself to balance.....BUT she doesnt stay there long. She is quite the little wiggleworn and always falls over. He was very impressed by her fine motor skills. We told him that she can put her own "paci" in her mouth and 8 times out of 10 it goes in right side up. She is quite the little talker still. She babbles and mumbles ALL the time and she is not quiet about it. I always laugh when we are in the car and she has something to say the volume of her chatter depends on the volume of the radio. I think she feels like she has to talk over it to get attention. She is very very tickleish but STILL wont laugh out loud. She will smile from ear to ear, squeal and grunt BUT laugh or giggle NO WAY!!!! Also not to be concerned per Dr Yap. So I will keep on tryin! We will be on a shopping mission this weekend to buy Stage 2 foods YAY!!!! She can also have juice now......BUT in a sippie cup. This outta be fun :) I honestly cannot believe that she is already six months old. It just seems like yesterday that I was getting up with her every two-three hours to breastfeed her (man and I glad those days are behind me). I am also looking forward to this being her very first christmas. I know she is still too young to understand but I am super excited. She has a precious christmas dress hanging in her closet that I cant wait to put on her for Candlelight Service at church. Jabin and I truly are blessed this holiday season to be surrounded by such wonderful and gracious friends and family. We are also thankful for our sweet baby Daley....she brings so much joy to our lives and makes us laugh and smile each and everyday.

No comments: