Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Does it get much better than this???

As I look back on all of the great things that 2008 has brought our family I have to stop and wonder......Does it get much better than this? This year Jabin and I became parents for the very first time. A blessing that we will forever be thankful for. I now know what people mean when they say "I dont remember what life was like without her". Each morning when Daley wakes up we like to spend a few moments listening to her sweet angelic voice as she greets the day with her curious babbles and elated squeals. I have been so surprised by the way she has grown so fast. From the first few months of sleepless nights, to struggles with nursing, to colic (or whatever the heck she had) to the joys of her first smile & sleeping all alone in her room by herself. She was so cute whe she experienced her first food and (just a few days ago) her first laugh out loud giggle and her first tooth. She is such a peaceful and happy child that each and every minute with her brings joy to our hearts. She brings such excitement to our lives and makes us laugh and smile each and everyday. We have had a whirwind last 7 months and I cannot imagine how much fun 2009 is going to be. We are looking forward to reaching the milestone of sitting up (alone) and crawling, & her first (real) word....besides "mama". I am anticipating the nervousness in seeing her take her first steps and of course planning her first birthday. As I think about ringing in the new yr without her it kinda makes me sad. I know mommy and daddy need "grownup time" but you are supposed to ring in the new yr with the ones you love right??? Well I cannot imagine loving anyone like I love her! As 2008 comes to a close and we look around the corner to 2009 we are so greatful for the gifts that God has given to us. Here's to wishing that everyone will have a healthy& happy future as bright as the stars. Happy New Year to all and please be safe :)

No comments: