Friday, August 7, 2009

As A Child of the 80's

I have to take a moment and talk about John Hughes (writer & movie director). He died last Thursday from a heart attack at the young age of 59. Without John Hughes we would have missed out on some of the greatest movies (and quotes) of all time.....


1. National Lampoon's Vacation
Guard: Rusty, may I call you Rusty? Has your dad ever killed anyone?
Rusty: Just a dog, Oh and my Aunt Edna
Clark: Hey Rusty, you cant prove that!




2. Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Grace (the secretary): Oh, he's very popular Ed. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, waistoids, dweebies, dickheads - they all adore him. They think he's a righteous dude.

3. The Breakfast Club
Mr Vernon: Well, well. Here we are. You have exactly eight hours and fifty-four minutes to think about why you're here. You may not talk, you will not move from these seats. Any questions?
John Bender: Yeah. Does Barry Manilow know that you raid his wardrobe?


4. Planes Trains & Automobiles
OK So I cant really post my fave quote in this movie cause it has way to many curse words BUT if you are a fan of this movie you will know what I am referring to. You know!?!?! The scene where he goes off on the rental car lady :) Thats the best!!! 2nd best.......
Owen: Her first baby came out sideways, she didn't scream or nothin


5. Uncle Buck
Tia: Hey, Mom. Next time you take off in the middle of the night, why don't you hire a murderer to watch the house?


6. Sixteen Candles
Samantha: I can't believe I gave my panties to a geek.

AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST

7. National Lampoons Christmas Vacation.....seriously this is probably one of the funniest movies ever made!!
Clark: Can I refill your eggnog for you? Get you something to eat? Drive you out to the middle of nowhere and leave you for dead?
Eddie: Naw, I'm doing just fine, Clark
Eddie: I don't know if I oughta go sailin' down no hill with nothin' between the ground and my brains but a piece of government plastic.
Clark: Do you really think it matters, Eddie?

Eddie: You surprised to see us, Clark?
Clark: Oh, Eddie... If I woke up tomorrow with my head sewn to the carpet, I wouldn't be more surprised than I am now.

Eddie: Every time Catherine would turn on the microwave, I'd piss my pants and forget who I was for about half an hour.

Rusty: Dad, this tree won't fit in our back yard.
Clark: It's not going in the yard, Russ. It's going in the living room.

I could go on and on but I will stop!!!! Thanks John Jughes for makin the 80's that much cooler!!! :)

No comments: