Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Lately

So I am gonna blog about what has been going on in the Smythe house as of lately (as in the last few weeks)


Daley is walking a lot. She is still pretty unsteady on her feet but she is walking all the same. The transition from one type of flooring to the next still plays tricks on her but she is working through it. It is funny to watch the look on her face when we see her walking around in her bedroom and then she approaches the doorway. You can see the wheels turning in her head....I can tell she is asking herself "How can I get from this soft fuzzy stuff onto the hard cold stuff without falling?" It is sooooo cute to watch her grown and try new things. We are so proud of our lil girl.
As of lately our lil darlin has become a GROUCH in the morning. I dont know what it is?!?!? I cant quite put my finger on it but trust me it doesnt make for a great experience M-F. From what I can tell she just wants to be fed, held and/or played with!!! But obviously that is hard to do when I am trying to get ready for work. I hope this is a phase that she will soon outgrow!


I am also beginning to wonder if my child has the early signs of hyper activity. Seriously the girl never ever ever sits still. She is into everything!!!!! I wish I had a dollar for everytime I told her to stop, dont, no or put that down. Seriously I could probably pay for her college education by now. We are still in the phase where EVERYTHING goes into her mouth. She is for sure keeping me on my toes.


But with all of the hard work that comes along with parenting a toddler she still makes me smile and laugh all the time. She is sooooo much fun and really really smart. Almost too smart for her own good I think.


Last Friday after work we (my mom, Daley & myself) took a little roadtrip to Decatur to hang out with the Wyricks. I knew the girls were gonna be happy to see each other!!!! So on Friday night we went to dinner.....that was fiasco. The food was terrible, the wait was really long and the girls were cranky. Well needless to say we were ready to get the heck out of dodge. When we got back to Kelli's we were gonna let the girls play for a little while before we gave them a bath. Kelli had to run a quick errand so mom and I played with the girls. Well Atlee decided she wanted to take all of her clothes off. So mom stripped her down to her birthday suit. THEN Atlee decided she wanted Daley to be naked with her. It made for a really cute photo op but I kept telling my mom this was a bad idea. AND BOY WAS I RIGHT! Not 10 seconds after I snapped this pic
my daughter pooped in the floor. Of course I freaked out cause she had never done that before!!! My mom and I were laughing so hard that I thought I was gonna have an accident on the floor myself. Well we got the mess cleaned up only to find out that some of the poop got on one of Atlees toys. She started crying telling my mom "Nana, Day Day poo poo choo choo" We finally figured out that she was trying to tell us Daley pooped on her choo choo train. I finally told my mom "Thats it....these kids are takin a bath and going to bed. I need a drink." So after bath time mom, kelli & I sat on the back porch and had a few red draws. The weather was nice and cool and aside from Erics snake report we had a really relaxing time. On Saturday we took the girls to lunch& we did a little bit of shopping. It was a fun overnight trip and we are looking forward to seeing them again this weekend.


BTW It is officially time for Daley to move to a big girl (forward facing) carseat. We are hoping to get one this weekend. This is a big milestone for us.....I never thought we would get there. I will be sure to post some pics as soon as we get her new seat.
Here are a few more pics from this weekend:
Atlee & Daley playing....notice Atlee is wearing Big Girl Panties???


Look @ that lil brown hiney :)
Atlee & I played dress up on Saturday mornin....this is a pic I snapped of her bein silly

Atlee & Mommy

1 comment:

Keeping Up With Kaegan said...

OMG Kim. I cant believe how big she looks in the pic of her standing up in that cute little yellow dress. Shes a doll!

Oh and dont cha just love naked baby butt pictures, weird I know, but I love them! haha