Monday, August 17, 2009

Elephants & Tigers & Clowns....OH MY!!!!!

So this was a fun filled, crazy weekend for sure! On Saturday morning Mom, Daley & I headed to Decatur. After we arrived and the girls played for a while we went to lunch at Yesterday's 50's Diner! It was yummy and they have awesome shakes in case you were wondering :) Then after lunch we went back to Kelli's so that the little girls (and big girls) could take a nap. After our nap and a snack at 4:15 we all loaded up into the car and headed to the Ft Worth Convention Center to see the Ringling Bros. Barnum & Bailey Circus. Now I will admit I was a little worried. I knew that the circus was going to last past Daleys bedtime and after her short 1hr nap I was a little nervous going into this adventure. But nevertheless I planned for the worst and hoped for the best. We got in the doors and went to find our seats! I was sooooo happy when I saw where we were sitting. We had awesome seats!!! Good Job Kelli ;) Well the circus started soon after we sat down and the girls were mezmerized. They loved the music, the colors and Atlee especially loved the animals. I was soooooo impressed with how well behaved they were. Daley was dancing, and squealing and clapping. I have to admit the circus was a huge success. They had so much fun. After the first hr I went down to the concession stand and got some goodies and then we finished off the show. Nana bought Atlee and Daley a little tiger from the vendors on our way out. We had a great time and I hope to make this a yearly tradition. On our way home we decided to stop for a late dinner and we managed to find a Taco Cabana on the way home. I was a happy camper!!!! We dined alfresco and I knew that would be the best way to keep the kiddos happy. By the time we got home the girls were so tired that we put them in their jammies and we went straight to bed! Then the grown ups sat out on the back porched and relaxed. Yesterday after a late breakfast at IHOP we headed home. I had a lot of fun this weekend. Thanks to Nana for emptying your pocketbook at the concession stand and vendor stations to make sure everyone enjoyed the experience :) Cant wait to see yall again this weekend!
Kelli & I being silly :)

Atlee is ready for the circus

Daley showin her pearly whites :)

Eatin cookies and watchin the circus with Nana!

Daley stretching her legs

We love Taco Cabana!!!!

No comments: