Wednesday, April 1, 2009

My Faves

Ok so I love it when people share their fave things with me. I especially love it when they are girly things. I love health and beauty products. SOOOOOOO here are a few of my faves:
1. Garnier Fructis Shampoo & Conditioner - I love this product line because it smells sooooooo good AND it makes your hair silky smooth. I am not gonna tell you who turned me onto this product cause he would kill me (ha ha take one guess at which metro-sexual made this recommendation) but my hair has never been the same since. Available everywhere!
2. Jergans Original Scent Lotion AND Loreal Sublime Glow - These products are good seperately but they are better together. So before I discovered this neat little trick I was using both seperatly. When I used the Loreal Sublime Glow Self Tanner I noticed that I was getting "orange" in weird places (and yes I was exfoliating prior to use) well I had all but given up on being tan when one night after my bath I was in a little bit of a hurry (Greys was coming on) and I needed to moisturize when I had a brilliant idea. Mix the TWO!!!! So I did and the outcome has been great. No more orange spots and you dont have to wait quite as long before putting your clothes on! Both of these products are available at drugstores, WalMart & Target











4. Tarte Cheek Stain (Flush) - This product is probably my fave in my makeup bag. A friend of mine let me borrow hers about 4 yrs ago while on vacation and I have never turned back. It is a water based stick that you can apply with your fingertips or a makeup sponge (I use a triangle sponge) it stays all day and makes your cheeks look sweet and rosy. I have used the same stick for 4 yrs and still have some left although I think that I will have to buy a new one in a few months or so. It is a little pricy at approx $28-$30 but if it lasts you 4 yrs like it did me then that averages out to $7.50/yr. Not bad!!! You can buy it at Sephora or maybe get a good deal on Ebay. Who knows?
5. Cover Girl Eye Enhancers (Gold Sizzle) - I am an eyeshadow whore.....I have a bazillion colors (&brands) I love to try new stuff. BUT this color is always in my arsenal. I love it. I usually apply it all over my eyelid (from top to bottom) and combine it with #6
6. Maybelline Expertwear Duo Eye Shadow (Irish Mist) - The darker color of green is what I usually apply in the crease of my eye to bring out my green/hazel eye color. I use this a lot cause it seems to look good with everything. Both colors are great but the darker one gets used the most. I use them together when I want a dramatic green eye.
7. Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear - This is by far (in my opinion) the best nail polish for pedicures. If you are like me and love to have pretty colors on your toes that last and last this is the polish for you. I have a number of colors and I love them all!!!! You can buy this at any drugstore, WalMart or Target. 1-2 coats and you are good to go. This stuff wont chip OR peel off. I love it :) BTW I think this is the next color I am gonna buy (purple potion)
8. Loreal Endless Lipcolor - To me this is one of my fave long lasting lipcolors. Why? It doesnt dry out my lips!!! I hate to reapply lipstick but I also hate that dry chalky feeling. I dont get that feeling with this lipstick. They come in lots of pretty colors a few of my fave are 'Mauve Crystal' & 'Reflective Sands'.


9. Bath & Body Works Tahiti Sweetie Lotion - This is my fave summertime lotion by far. As a matter of fact I dont even know if they sell this lotion year round BUT I highly suggest you try it this summer. It smells delicious. Honestly you will wanna eat it (but dont). The lotion contains Monoi Oil and is perfect after those long days in the sun and heat. If refreshes and cools your skin and puts you in the mood for a pina colada (oops sorry maybe thats just me). It is a little pricy at $15 a bottle but in comparison to a trip to Tahiti it is a little more in my price range.

10. Burts Bees Lipbalm - my number one, never leave home without it, use it everyday (& night), save the best for last product. This is the best lipbalm ever made!!!!!! EVER EVER EVER. I seriously think I have about 5 of them floating around my house, purse, at work!!! I swear my this product. If I was told that I could only take one beauty item with me on a deserted island I would take this.

Well there you have it my faves!!! Give it a try on your blog. What are your favorite health and beauty products?

No comments: