Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Until January

Well as all of you Bachelorette fans know Jillian has made her choice! AND even though she didn't make the choice I would have made I wanted her to make I really and truly think she and Ed are a good match. I stand by the fact that I think Ed is a complete tool shed. I still despise the green manikin. I shutter at the thought of seeing him in another tank top. But if the leg crossing, Herman Munster look alike is what she desired then more power to her.


Monday night was spent with my BFF (Bachelorette Fanatic Friend) Lauren & Semi Fan/Wine Lover Katie. We met at Laurens for a Bachelorette Finale party.(Thanks Steven for putting up with us again) I really had a feeling prior to watching the show that it wasn't going to have the outcome that I was looking forward too. BUT I digress. We poured ourselves a few too many glasses of wine and settled in to watch the fiasco unfold. After watching the first hour of the show I knew the ending was going to be climactic!!! I mean they managed to fit 2 Meet the Parents & 2 Last Chance Dates into one hour. So that means we have one hour of "will she or wont she"! I do want to take this time to thank my good friends at ABC for making sure they dedicated as much air time as possible to showing Kiptyn sans shirt.....without it appearing desperate or tacky. I think women all across America will agree when I say "Thank You!!!! Thank you so so much". I enjoyed that time so much that I am considering forgiving you for showing Ed in his purple underpants! GA-ross!!!! OK back to the topic at hand. When Kiptyn was the first out of the limo the girls and I were sad BUT not surprised. He took it like a champ!!!! Classy guy no doubt.

Ahhhhhh Reid.....I was so glad to see you come back. I love the whole, I just got off the plane, flagged down the first minivan-taxi I could find, forgot my dress shoes, disheveled look. It made him believable. Until he said "I had to pull a million strings to get here" OK I know you were told to say that sweetie, but I am not buying it. Still love you tho!!!! Now here is the part where I turned into a bit of an embarrassment to myself. When I saw the two of them together on that platform (forehead to forehead) I truly believed she was gonna take him back and all would be right in the world. I was yelling at the TV "Kiss Her, Kiss Her" BUT my pleas weren't heard. I wont go on about how painful that was to watch because you were there!!!! You know what I mean!!!!! It was BAD!!! I do give him credit for putting himself out there and saying how he felt I just wish it would have turned out differently for him.

OK so by the time she picked Ed I was sooooooooo over it. I couldn't enjoy it for them cause well, I was in mourning for the relationship I fell in love with on TV & to be completely honest at this point I had had one too many glasses of wine.

Now last night the After the Final Rose party was at my house and of course my BFF Lauren came over and so did Crystal. I was only looking forward to watching THIS train wreck for two reasons #1 seeing Kiptyn & Reid and #2 more girl time. The interaction between Jillian and the rejects was just AWKWARD! I mean really really awkward. NOT to mention.....How cruel is it that they make the rejects (including Melissa) watch the dump session all over again & put their picture in the bottom corner of the screen. Seriously that is messed up!!!! Once again Kiptyn took it like a champ. I could tell the wound was still a little fresh but I am not worried about that one finding a mate. Reid on the other hand!!!! WOW!!!!! I sensed a little bit of bitterness but who can blame him?!?!?! I thought it hilarious when he brought up the Fantasy Suite and the look on Jillians face was priceless. Even in the face of pain & possibly a little bit of embarrassment Reid was still cute, lovable and funny. Watching her and Ed made me a little queasy but I do think for the time being they are happy!

I am sure my husband is thankful that at least until January (when the new Bachelor season starts) I will not be retreating to the bedroom for my private TV time! Of course I am secretly hoping Reid will be announced as the next Bachelor. BUT I am vowing not to let it consume me the way it did this yr ;) What can I say?!?!?! Everyone has a guilty pleasure right?

P.S. To Lauren & Crystal: I had a great time last night and thanks so much for catching me up on all the latest gossip. What can I say?!?! A picture IS worth a thousand words!

2 comments:

Lauren and Steven said...

ha ha i love it!! Can't wait till next season!

Crystal and Jeremy Johnson said...

One thing I have learned...anytime Crystal and Kim get together...gossip will be said! hahaha. I had a BLAST! I think that we have started an annual/monthly/weekly/daily..who cares...event!