Thursday, October 22, 2009

I'm a Scary Mommy

Ok so one of the many things I love about being a mom is mommy blogs. If you are a mom you totally know what I am talking about. Well there is one blog that I ran across the other day and they are hosting a search for the scarriest mom! Obviously when we say scary we dont mean it in the literal sense of the word. But if you are confused head on over to http://www.scarymommy.com/ to find out exactly what I am talkin about. So here goes:


You wanna know what is scary?


Even though my daughter is 16mos old I still am trying to catch up on the sleep I missed out on when she was an infant (or at least that is my excuse)


I actually wore my nursing bra the other day because it was the only white one I could find. (Just fyi I only nursed for 6 weeks)


One of my daughters first words was "Coke"


I have figured out a way to sleep till 7 am, avoid feeding Daley breakfast and make her daddy do it.


There are nights when I am so tired that I put Daley to bed before her normal bedtime so that I can sit on the couch and be lazy.


It is extremely scary the amount of time that my daughter is exposed to television. Not just cartoons but television in general. The only time the tv isnt on @ our house is when we are asleep.


I dont think Daley knows there is another option for breakfast food other than microwave oatmeal. Why? because it is easy!!!


My daughter learned the word damnit from her father and can use it in the appropriate context. (i.e when she is irritated, drops a toy things of that nature)


It is even scarier that when she says damnit it sounds like dang it which in my mind isnt all that bad so I have given up on correcting her.


My daughter has squirted liquid diswashing soap in her mouth while un-supervised. Why was she un-supervised? Her nana and I were shopping online!


I have dug dirty pajamas out of her hamper for her to re-wear because I was to lazy to do her laundry. BUT in my defense I did pick the cleanest dirty ones!


My un-clothed post baby body is a little bit scary!


I recently cut my hair really short. Why? Because when you are the mother of a busy 16mo old you will cut corners where ever you can. I need all the extra time I can get.


My daughter is addicted to her pacifier...and when I say addicted I mean ADDICTED. I feed that addiction because anytime she is whiny and asks for it, I give it to her so I dont have to listen to the whining.


I hate halloween!


You wanna know what is REALLY scary?


I never knew that I could love someone as much as I love my daughter.


Before I lay her down to sleep at night I say the same exact thing to her that I have said since the day she was born.


It is scary how lucky her father and I are to have such a happy healthy little girl.


It is scary how smart she is.


I will make myself look like a complete and total idiot to see her to smile.


Sometimes just looking at her brings tears to my eyes.


It is scary how fast children grow up.


I never knew being called mommy would make me so happy.


It is scary how lucky she is to have such great grandparents.


She has the most amazing personality and she is only 16mos old.


Her voice is one of the sweetest sounds on earth.


I love to smell her hair.


Seeing her scared, hurt or sick makes me a complete and total wreck.


Imagining her as a teenager makes me a more than a little nervous.


and in my opinion the scarriest thing of all is thinking back on what life was like before she came along.

Ok moms your turn!!!!