Tuesday, March 10, 2009

9 month update

Daley @ her 9mo checkup with Dr Yap!

Yesterday was Daley's 9 mo checkup with Dr Yap. I dont know about Daley but I love to go to her appts! First off she has the best dr any parent could wish for their child to have and secondly it is nice to get reassurance that we are doing a good job. Jabin always goes with us to the appts and I am so thankful that Daley has a father that is so interested in her progress! She weighed 16 lbs 2 oz and obviously she is on the below normal range for weight. But that is to be expected since she started off so tiny. Dr Yap said that there is no need to worry because she is gaining weight at a healthy, steady rate! Obviously you can tell by the fat rolls in the picture about that this kind aint missin' many meals. She was 27.5 inches long which he said is average for her age. I was shocked by that! MAYBE she wont be a shorty like her mom :) I am crossing my fingers. But the funniest of all is that her head size is above average. LOL I told Jabin it is because she got his big head and he said that NO it is because she is smart. OK DAD! Everything else went well! He said not to be concerned that she isnt crawling yet that some kids just skip the crawling stage and move straight to pulling up and cruising. I certainly dont want her to skip that step so we will keep working with her and hope that he is right and that IF she is gonna crawl it should happen in the next month or so. He moved her up to Stage 3 foods which we have tried over the weekend and she isnt too sure about the texture. She doesnt quite know what to do with the pieces of rice and pasta that come in the meals. She has gagged a time or two but we are taking baby steps hoping she gets used to it. Last night after we put her to bed she woke up coughing and I think she may have the croupy cough but she is acting fine today. I am praying all is well and that she will not get a full on cold! I dont know if mom is ready for a sick little girl again. Seems like she just got over the stomach bug!!!

1 comment:

Crystal and Jeremy Johnson said...

LOVE HER! When can Daley and Savannah finally meet?