Friday, March 20, 2009

911- What's your emergency?

Does anyone know why I blog?
Well the main reason is so I dont have to scrapbook as much! I do love to scrapbook....dont get me wrong and I dont think a website will take place of real pictures in a book (I am a little old fashioned that way) BUT One day I want Daley to be able to look back on this website and see just how much she impacted mine and her dads life....Cue sappy music.

Well when she reads this entry one day I know she will laugh about it (and I might too) BUT today wont be that day! Yesterday March 19th 2009 was the scariest day of my 9 months of motherhood. Why you ask me? Well I had to call 911 because I thought my daughter was going to stop breathing. SOOOOO here is the story:
I came home about 12:30 for lunch to relieve my Nanny (who watches her in the morning) and get her ready for her Nana(my mom) to pick her up for the afternoon. I was changing her out of her pj's into her day clothes and was also changing her diaper. Well she was on the changing table and we were talking (yes she does talk to me) and all of a sudden she got quiet and had this strange look in her eyes. THEN IT STARTED. She started this crazy breathing pattern like she was gasping for breaths. Her little chest was caving in around her ribs and I could tell she was really scared. I sat her up and she didnt stop. Then I picked her up and she didnt stop. Well the first thought that entered my mind was HOLY Scnikes I dont know infant CPR!!!!! So I called 911. I was holding her (naked) and then I thought (while on the phone with the 911 operator) that I should take her outside for some air. Well as soon as I did she stopped. The 911 operator was so nice and I told her what was happening and that it had stopped and she asked me if I still wanted an ambulance anyways. I told her NO but that I would call her dr immediately. So I got off the phone and called my mom because I knew she would be leaving work any minute to come get Daley and then I called the dr. I spoke with Dr Yap and he told me to bring her in at 2pm. Of course when I called and told Jabin he started panicking!!! I told him she was ok for the time being but that I just wanted to make sure I got her checked out. When we got to the dr's office he checked everything! Pulse-ox was good, her lungs were clear, no respitory distress and all seemed to be ok. He told me that since she had been fighting a cold she probably just choked on a little bit of phlem. That made me feel sooooo much better. He said to just keep an eye on her and that if it happened again do the same thing and let him know!
Everything has been fine since then and she is back to bein a little toot but boy oh boy did she give me a scare. As soon as her breathing went back to normal and I got off the phone with 911 I seriously thought I was going to throw up. I was sooooo upset. I have never been so scared in my entire life! EVER!!!!!!!
But we are very thankful that it was nothing serious and that she is ok! Of course I slept with one eye open last night worrying about every little sound she made but as of now all is clear on the home front. That is until she scares me again. I am sure this wont be the last time :)

No comments: