Saturday, June 6, 2009

A Year Ago Today


Well I have been working on this blog for a while now and I really cant believe that I have been a mom for one full year! Actually I became a mom the day I found out I was pregnant but technically speaking it has been 1 year to the day. Time really has flown by. I will never forget the night that the contractions came. I didn't think I was in labor it was a little too soon I had another day of work and had lots of loose ends to tie up. You still had another week before you were scheduled to be here but you decided you wanted to surprise us and come early. Daddydidn't think that Mommy was in labor either. As a matter of fact I had a really hard time waking him up. After a few phone calls to Dr Jones he told me to meet him at the hospital and that he would come by and see me after his first surgery. Little did I know when I left the house that warm, windy summer morning I would never ever be the same. Nana met us at the hospital and from there it all seemed to go very fast. As a matter of fact we go to the hospital at 8:30am and you arrived into the world at 9:59am. When the nurse told me that she was gonna go wash her hands and then take me to the OR I panicked. I asked everyone to leave the room so I could have some time with my husband and I cried and told your daddy how scared I was. He calmed me down and told me that everything was gonna be fine and that he would be right by my side. He said "This is what we have been waiting for and I know you are ready." After that they whisked me away and the rest is a little bit of a blur:) The C-Section went really really well and even though I was scared (because I was gonna be awake) I was so excited to meet you. As soon as I heard your cry I was overcome with emotion. So was your Daddy. They took you away to the nursery and it seemed like an eternity before I got to see you again. I kept demanding for them to bring me my baby and finally my wish was granted. They brought you in the room and when they placed you in my arms I immediately fell in love. I couldn't get enough of you. I studied every inch your precious face and I knew I would treasure that sweet moment for the rest of my life. As a matter of fact I don't even know if there was anyone in room with us. It seemed like you and I were the only people on the face of the earth and I wouldn't have had it any other way. The minute I touched you I knew my life would forever be dedicated to you. You had many many visitors in the hospital and everyone commented on what a sweet and special little angel you were. You were a beautiful newborn and from the beginning you have always been a snuggle bug. After we brought you home from the hospital your daddy and Icouldn't wait to spend time together in our home with our perfect new family. The days and weeks that passed went by quickly but we got into a routine with ease. It seemed like we were all meant to be together. Even though we were new at parenting and hit a few bumps along the way we knew this was what God blessed us with and we soaked in each moment! As this year has passed I have grown to love you more and more everyday. You have any amazing smile, cute and fun personality and a strong will that we know one day will work to your benefit. You STILL look exactly like your daddy which makes mommy's heart skip a beat. You also toot like your dad HAHAHA as a matter of fact that loud gas is how you got your nickname. What did you get from your mommy? Really Really small feet. And your appetite!!!! The Lord couldn'thave blessed us with a better baby. You are a wonderful sleeper, hardly ever cry, love to eat (especially sweets), enjoy bath time, AND love to play. You have a few fave toys: The yellow lamb that your MiMi & GDaddy gave you for Easter is probably your fave toy right now. You call it "gog" and every time you see it you crawl straight to it and give it hugs. You also love books and any toys that make noise or sing songs. Other than toys and books youlooooovvvveeee music. ANY MUSIC. When we are in the car you clap your hands, when we are at home you dance. But most of all you love the theme songs to "The Backyardigans" & "The Wonder Pets" you can be anywhere in the house and if you hear those songs you come speeding in the living room to watch the TV! From the very beginning of your life you were never a quiet baby and that still hasn't changed. You are always making noise! The words you can say are "Mama", "Dada", "Nana", "Gog" (for dog), "I do", "Coke" (for ANY drink), "More" (which you say A LOT when you eat) & "Bye Bye" & most recently you are starting to learn how to say your name. Daddy and I are so proud of you and how you have grown up into a sweet independentlittle girl. We enjoy watching you learn and explore new things everyday. You have made us so happy and we truly mean it when we say "We don't know what we did before you". You make our life worth living and you make us want to be better people. As your mommy I hope and pray each day that God gives me the grace and wisdom to do my best at giving you everything you need. Your daddy and I will work our hardest to raise you to be a gracious, giving, fun & warm hearted little girl. Your grandparents, great-grandparents, aunts, uncles & cousins adore you. You have a way of warming the hearts of all of those around you and making everyone smile. As we look back to all the memories of the past year and look forward to all the memories we will make in the future we want to say "We love you Beansie and we wish you a Very Happy 1st Birthday!!!"

2 comments:

The Wise Girls said...

Awww, I hope her party was fun! Thanks for the cute blog ideas, I'm excited about how mine looks now but I'm SURE that I will probably change it a million times!

Lauren and Steven said...

Super sweet MOM!!!! I'm so sorry i couldn't make it to the party, but i know that yall had a great time.