Thursday, July 23, 2009

Busted!

Ok moms you know that feeling when your child is playing in their room and it is way too quiet? Well I have had that feeling a lot lately. Here is the scenerio - Daley is playing alone in her room and I am actually getting stuff done without a 13 month old attached to my leg! But then I think "Hey I havent heard her in a while!" Well in my house that means trouble! Part of me is scared to peek in on her for two reasons, #1 she might see me and be reminded that she is in there alone and needs her mommy's attention & #2 she might have literally torn the room pieces. So this morning she was playing in her room while I was getting ready and had been in there a total of about 5 mins. Well mommy decided to get the camera, as I rounded the corner this is what I saw:
Dont get me wrong I am not complaining. I am actually welcoming this independance but as of right now her room is not very functional for her age. Daley's room is still decorated and outfitted as a baby/infant room. So this weekend we are planning on revamping her room!!!! I found some really cool storage options at Target for her toys! I am planning on converting her changing table to a dresser equipped with baby locks so that what you see above isnt what I have to deal with each and every day!!! I am also planning on taking down the wobbly, glass top bedside table so that we can lower out percentage of going to the hospital in the near future. Also on the agenda is to lower her matress even more and block all outlets! No I dont mean cover outlets with plug covers, I mean block them all together. You see my daughter is craftier than the average toddler and given enough time can remove those measley covers!!!! I hope to post some before and after pictures so you can see what little progress we have made!

BTW Jabin is all for my revamping idea not because he likes to decorate but because he is tired of our living room looking like this......


1 comment:

The Wise Girls said...

I feel like this happens to me EVERYDAY! I will have to do a busted blog for Carsyn because she does the exact same thing! They're just to dang smart sometimeS!