Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Day 10 - Favorite Christmas Tradition

My family has lots and lots of christmas traditions but there are two that I can think of that are vary special to me. The first one happend on Christmas Eve everyone on my dads side of the family goes to Christmas Eve Candlelight Service at First Baptist Church. I love dressing up and meeting up with the family to celebrate the joy of Christmas. The service is pretty simple....we sing lots of Christmas Carols, take the lords supper and listen to the preacher read the christmas story to the children. At the end of the service all of the congregation lights their personal candle and we all sing Silent Night. It is one of the most beautiful things and I look forward to each and every year.
My next fave Christmas tradition happens on Christmas Day. Each Christmas morning my mom, sister (and her family) and grandparents (on my moms side) come to our house for Christmas breakfast. We have been doing it for the last 5 years and it is so much fun. It is a new tradition that we started with our family but we are planning on keeping it going. After a yummy breakfast of Jabins Christmas Crepes we open presents while we listen to Christmas Music, drink mimosas and enjoy each others company (in our pj's which makes it even better)

No comments: