Thursday, December 17, 2009

Day 9 - Fave Gifts to Ever Receive OR Give

So we all know that Christmas isnt all about gifts but come, on you know you totally love getting presents....So here is the list of fave gifts I ever recd.
1. Cabbage Patch Doll
2. Barbie Van
3. Barbie Hot Tub that 3 hours later was destroyed after my sister jumped off the bed and broke it in half. But thats ok Kell......I forgive ya :)
4. Atari (Yep I know I am old school)
5. Stereo....so when I was a teenager and I dont know how old I was maybe between 13-16 my mom bought me a new stereo for christmas. This was back in the day when the "IN" thing was to have a stereo in a glass cabinet with the cd player, tuner, tape deck.....all that jazz. Anyways that year my mom bought me one and it was a Sony. I know this gift had to have been very very very expensive and seeing as how my mom was a single mom I am sure she couldnt REALLY afford it but I got it anyways. Thats why my mom ROCKS!!!
6. A Pekingnese Puppy named Holly...she was our sweet family dog and lived a loooooonnnnnggg time.
7. Digital Camera - last year Jabin bought me an awesome digital camera for Christmas and I use it all the time. He also bought me a really awesome printer to go along with it :)

NOW I know this sounds strange but almost none of my presents are surprises. I always pick them out......BUT I love stockings for that reason. I love to dig in my stocking on Christmas morning to find lots and lots of surprises.
My Fave Gift to Give was last year.....my mom had been saying for a while that she wished she had a picture of all of her and my stepdads kids & grandkids all together. So Amber (Damons Wife) and I set out to make that happen. It took a lot of time scheduling to get everyone there at the same time (there were 13 of us) but we did it. Tara Morgan was so patient and sweet to tjae our picture (remember their were 13 of us...not an easy task I am sure)!!!! We planned to give them their gift when we were all together at Damon and Ambers yearly Christmas Party. Well as luck would have it Bubba got snowed in @ the airport and couldnt make it but we decided to go ahead and give it to my mom anyways. We all called her into Dylan and Camerons room and made her open her HUGE wall portrait. She loved it sooooo much. She even cried......my mom doesnt cry. It really warmed my heart to give her something that she wanted and something that she and Bubba could enjoy for a long time to come.

No comments: