Friday, December 18, 2009

Day 8 - Favorite Christmas Memory

I really have two favorite Christmas memories. The first one was when I was a kid. Each Christmas Eve my mom, sister and I would stay up late watching White Christmas and then Kelli and I would go to bed. Each year we would sleep in the same bed. We would be so excited and stay up super late talking about Santa and what we thought we would find under the tree on Christmas morning. Then we would get up really really really early on Christmas morning. So early that my mom had to make a rule that we couldnt come wake her up until after the sun came up. Now keep in mind that you couldnt drag my sister out of bed early any other day of the year but on Christmas morning she would be up WAY before the sun. Of course as soon as the presents were open guess who went back to bed???? YEP!!!

Last year Christmas was especially special for Jabin and I because it was Daleys first Christmas. It was really really neat waking up on Christmas morning and opening presents with her. Of course she didnt know what was going on but it was so much fun. Christmas is so much more special when children are involved. She was so cute in her Christmas PJ's and playing with her walker that "Santa" brought her. I am really looking forward to this year and seeing how she tears into her gifts :)

No comments: